1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sata drivers

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by urikorulzs2, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. urikorulzs2

urikorulzs2 Thread Starter

ok i have an ATV8X-LA motherboard which i have read is an oem board. i have 2 160GB SATA drives that i need to load with xp, but when i run the setup, it says i need Raid controllers on a floppy disk but i dont have the floppy disk or cd-rom that came with the computer. and i cant get one for the hard drvies. my question is is there a way i can download the raid drivers from somewhere, or would anyone have the drivers that i need?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are you sure its an ATV8X-LA? Do you know what computer it came from? Its probably from an HP made by Asus.

3. urikorulzs2

ohh sorry i mean its an a7v8x-la. it is an asus mb and it came out of a compaq presario sr1303wm

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. urikorulzs2

ok i tryed that abd ut still didnt work.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Can you be more specific on how it didn't work?

Did you copy the right files to the root of the floppy disk?
    Did you press F6?
    After pressing F6 were you given an option as to what driver you wanted to load?

7. urikorulzs2

i downloaded the first driver which is the drive station one. then i copied the files in the drvdisk folder which are AMD64, i386, and txtsetup.oem to a floppy drive. then shutdown. i then connected the 2 SATA hd's and then started into setup. when it said press f6, i did and then it said automated system recovery and then when all that was done loading, it then gave me the option to specify. i types s and then insertred the floppy. found the via etc driver, and it loaded it then i pressed enter to go on and when it got to press enter to continue or r for repai i press enter then f8 and then there was still no hard drive in that list.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you want to setup RAID as well? Or do you just want to use the 2 drives independently. If you want to use RAID you must enter the BIOS setup or the RAID setup at boot up and configure RAID.

Have you tried the installation with just one of the drives and without pressing F6?

P.S> Do not enter the Automated System Recovery.

9. urikorulzs2

i just want to use the twi drives independently. and yea i have tryed setup with just one drive connected and not pressing f6. could it be the cables?
    yea i didnt.

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Could be the cables, or the SATA could be disabled. Or Compaq has screwed you over and you need their recovery CD's to install Windows.

Do the drives even spin up?

11. urikorulzs2

yea the drives spin up and everythng, but doesnt see it. but my other 80GB SATA is found . im just looking to buy a new mobo right now.

12. lostvoid

lostvoid

To correct this issue you have to set your drives into SATA 1 mode. This worked for me. Also for the record there is no mention of SATA in the BIOS and the reason is that on the main page of the setup there is a third and fourth IDE controller which are SATA ports 1 and 2. The system only supports SATA in IDE emulation. I was having the exact same issues with a WD2000 drive. To fix it i set the jumper on pins 5&6 and it instantly appeared. I hope this helps anyone who is searching for an answer.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice