1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sata hard drive won't display after hard reboot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mn3MoN1C, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mn3MoN1C

Mn3MoN1C Thread Starter

Hello, my computer had locked up not to long ago so I had to give it a hard reboot. However, now it doesn't seem to recognize my main hard drive. I have 2 sata hard drives plugged in and it only recognizes my other one. If i set the option for "Configure SATA as" to RAID in bios, it shows it in the boot list but then throws a BSOD with error code 0x0000007b. Also it seems the same BSOD error happens when I set it as AHCI. Both hard drives recognized but BSOD thrown.When it has "Configure SATA as" IDE it only shows the other hard drive. Any ideas?

My System is:

ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775
    CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000340AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/735408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice