Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA HD not detected in BIOS

9K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 ·
Hope somebody can help me out on this one, I disconnected my hard drive to install a chipset fan that had failed on my ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard and when I tried to plug in the harddrive the computer could not detect a hard drive on start up. I also checked the BIOS settings and noticed that with the drive plugged into SATA port 1 that it was also not detected in BIOS. I tried another SATA cable and another power cable to no avail since the HD, a Seagate Barracuda 7200 300 Gb, was still covererd under warranty, I sent it in and received a repaired HD. When I plugged it in I got the same problem, no disk detected on start up and BIOS. I had an old 80 Gb IDE drive that I plugged in while I was waiting for the SATA drive and it was working fine, but I want to get the SATA drive back up and running. Any ideas???? Thanks

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply Rich-M and Norton 850 I did try a new data cable and power cable and still nothing and yes I did see that the SATA is enabled in the BIOS. Also I can hear the hard drive spin up that to me signifies that the power portion is ok but why I don't see it in BIOS has got me baffled. I also tried different SATA ports on the MOBO but can't get any of the ports to see the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.