1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SATA help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by benzine53, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benzine53

benzine53 Thread Starter

I recently built my own computer and assembled it. Everything seems to work fine, i can see my SATA harddrive on startup but when i run the XP Pro disk to install windows it says there is no harddrive present. I've never used SATA h/d before so what should i do?

Using Maxtor diamond max Plus 9 SATA 150 with a gigabyte motherboard K8NPro.

Thanks for any help

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You need to load the drivers from a floppy when setup gives you the message to hit F6 to load scsi / mass storage driver. Note you only get this message for a few seconds during the first part of setup.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Most likely your mb came with a sata driver disk; if so, use it. Sometimes the drivers just come on the cd that came with the mb; you will need to copy them to a floppy. You can also go to the mb mgf's site and download the latest drivers.

If it is a via chipset mb, go to via's site. You will find the drivers there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice