SATA install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lobotech

HI U all
I have a mobo soyo dragon + with sata.Got a HD sata maxtor 120GB.
I just want to see the drive running! In the BIOS I set the primary boot as
SCSI.( may be a mistake...)Of course my drive is blank,need to be formated, and to install OS.
When I boot I do not see any primary, any slave... nothing.
How can I get this sata to be recognized when I boot???
thanks

I have just got the Abit NF7-S v2.0 board which has SATA, and I run my old 20GB Seagate 5400 on the SATA port with the converter.
I had to install the SATA drivers, and enable the IEEE1394a controller in the BIOS to get it to work. This I found after a bit of trial and error since I am very much a novice....:)
I would suggest you check the settings in your BIOS for SATA and the IEEE1394 controllers to see if they are 'enabled'.
Others may well post with a proper answer........:)

lobotech

well what a coinciidence, I have just built my second PC with A XP 1800 pcu lost between books and empty bottles of wine....that I wanted to resuscitate with a nice mobo albatron KX 600 pro.and by the way don't feel ashamed about your "old seagate 20GB 5400 rpm " cause I use a IBM 14GB 5400 rpm with that XP 1800 and I feel good about it but I still have to fix my sata HD in the first PC.see U later cause I have to work in a few hours
about "If it aint broke, fix it until it is...... " It make me think of my 1987 BMW,I have a great respect for mechanic that last, I am thinking of me....

Cheers lobotech.......:)
The 20GB drive takes a while to dig everything out when I want something, especially as it is near to full, and can't install all my games' cos it doesn't leave much room....:(
This is my upgrade year, and the old XP1800 has got to go along with some other bits.....:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online