1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sata limitation?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lightsareout, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lightsareout

lightsareout Thread Starter

should i have the jumper on my sata HD to limit it to 1.5 GB/S or take it off so its 3 GB/S, i've never had a sata drive before so i have to ask

2. onsite

onsite

where is the jumper on the drive ?
    and make / model of drive
    is it going in the pc in your sig ?
    if so did you look in your manual or check the manufacturers web site for an online manual or one that could be downloaded.

3. onsite

onsite

if it is for the pc in your sig, set the HD for the fastest 3gig speed, just downloaded the manual for your mainboard

4. lightsareout

5. onsite

onsite

SET IT TO 3 GIG, I DL'd the manual for your pc and your SATA controller is designed for the fastest speed, 3gig/S

6. lightsareout

you're awesome, would you happen to still have the link for that? i can't find it :eek:

7. onsite

onsite

8. Rumpo-Stiltskin

Rumpo-Stiltskin

As a rule, you only need to use the "limit to 1.5G" jumpering on SATAs if you're experiencing some kind of problem with detection or capacity etc.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice