Sata power cable connector too large

ellingsonart

Its a shot in the dark but I'm trying to retrieve photos from the hard drive of a water damaged laptop. The sata/ide cable kit includes a power connector that is too large to fit the hard drive and I'm hoping to find out which cable I need.IMG_20200926_113212_3.jpgIMG_20200926_113252_0.jpg
IMG_20200926_113309_8.jpg

Gr3iz

Mark
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Can we see a photo of the business end of that power connector, please? What kit did you buy? Maybe a link to it will provide us with some clues as to what you've got and what might work.

Gr3iz

Mark
The device you've picture above, in your first post, is a CD drive. The cable looks like it should be the proper size for a HDD connector. Try it on the HDD instead.

ellingsonart

That's it. Thank you so much. I feel pretty silly but they look very similar. Perhaps I should start a new thread for a different question but I'm not able to view files on the hard drive, just a recovery (f:) that shows empty.

Gr3iz

Mark
You would be better off starting a new thread. You can mark this one "Solved".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online