1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved SATA, SATA1, SATA 2,SATA 3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rajeshtanwar89, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Rajeshtanwar89

Rajeshtanwar89 Thread Starter

1) Please guide for backward compatibility
    2) & also i s sata 1 & sata same???

3)also difference in above all interface.
    4)And is connector same for all four

2. GamerBlackAcid

GamerBlackAcid

All are compatible with all... Except the speeds are the things that change. And the cable must be the SATA version compatible.
    Example, motherboard has SATA 2 port and you put in a HDD which is connecting using a SATA 2 cable, then you will get the SATA 2 speeds. OR if you decide to use a SATA 1 cable, you will get SATA 1 Speeds. If your motherboard has SATA 1 and you have SATA 2 cable, you will be stuck with SATA 1 speeds only.

No, only in some cases. SATA 1 is the SATA version when connecting a cable. If you say just SATA then it won't mean anything. You don't know what it means whether it is SATA 1,2 or 3. You are just speaking about the type of connector.

As I told you, it is all about speed. Learn more about differences here.

Yes. all have the same SATA port. It is this:
    [​IMG]
    NOTE: Here, SATA1 and SATA2 aren't the versions. They are the port number on the motherboard.

Rajeshtanwar89 likes this.
  3. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Google is your friend and a simple search would tell/show what the differences are.

There are 3 types of SATA - I, II, III. All use the same interface; a SATA port. As stated by gamerblackacid; the difference between the 3 are the speeds of the data throughput.

sata.PNG
    reference link: https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/...fference-between-sata-i,-sata-ii-and-sata-iii

Rajeshtanwar89 likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice