1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SATA SCSI Properties

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ashras99, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

In my system Maxtor SATA 200GB with Windows XP SP1 is installed on MSI KT4ultra motherboard.

In the device manager, under Disk properties I have found two options.....(attaching image) please tell me what these mean and by checking will improve my performance or anything.

Attached Files:

2. blonde288

blonde288

These would not apply to you. SCSI is a different type of hard drive interface than you use. You use SATA (serial ATA). Simply ignore that tab, I'm sure your performance is just great already (y)

3. Arcadion

Arcadion

Tagged command queuing and synchronous transfers are two performance-enhancing features that are standard with SCSI hard disks, but haven't been available for IDE hard disks. The new SATA standard includes these features, but not all SATA drives will actually use them. You have no reason to disable either of them there, that's just a troubleshooting option.

4. blonde288

blonde288

Yep, my reply was a bit oversimplified. Guilty. :eek: When you say
    do you mean the SATA2 standard, or just newer products in general? Would love to learn more on this, thanks for expanding on this, Arcadion.

5. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

thanks guys. But Please tell me I want to confirm that manufacture (maxtor) not reduce the speed (RPM) of disk for reduce the noise. How can I know?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/365682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice