SATA Western Digital HDD drops or computer freezes while transfering files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

osirisg89

I recently received a new SATA Western Digital Caviar HDD (WDC WD2500ks-00MJB0 as its labeled in the device managner). I try to move files from my other 2 hdd (both ide) that are sometimes a few 100 mbs- 1gbs in size, my computer either freezes or it claims my computer dropped my new hdd and cannot find it. Once i restart, it appears again. Sometimes if the time is right, it will let me transfer but most of the time it will give me problems. I set the jumper according to the directions. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online