1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SATAII and IDE drives read-only

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MaverickUK, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaverickUK

MaverickUK Thread Starter

Hey,

Okay, so i installed a new SATAII drive the other day and installed Windows XP Home and the IDE drive also has Windows XP installed. Since this, all my files and folders on both hard drives are set to read-only and it seems even when i go into safe mode and set access, it still doesn't work... When removing the read-only tab on a drive or folder, it will instantly come back upon closing the window.

The IDE drive is set up to master/slave with the DVD R/W - the drive being slave and the DVD R/W being the master - the jumper on the IDE drive is set correctly. The SATAII drive is set to 1.5GB/s via the jumper (as my board is limited to 1.5GB/s) so this is out the window as a possible cause. I have replaced the IDE cable (twice) and still no change. I have also tried both drives alone in the system, though the read-only attribute still exists for both drives.

I have used command line attributes, that comes out unsuccessful too. I am officially 110% out of ideas about this and nobody else i know seems to have an answer either! Your help and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Nick.

2. MaverickUK

MaverickUK Thread Starter

BUMP. I'm guessing everyone else is as stumped as me! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice