1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

satalite

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Fordboy460, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fordboy460

Fordboy460 Thread Starter

I just got satalite internet installed today and I have a few confusing problems. First of all, the internet is still slow. The internet speed tester says 695 kbps. When I get on limewire or bear share, it says it is running at 2 k or less. Also, what might be affecting it is that my computer is all messed up and it slows way down or even freezes, but my performance says that it's fine. I tried several things, but I'm just going to take it in. The speed of the internet and the servers go up and down, but it does not go up to where it's supposed to be. What do I do?

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Hi Fordboy... have you done all your maintenance... cleaned cache, disk defrag etc?? Have you ran a virus scan thats been updated & what about Ad-Aware for spyware... all these thing will bog you down so you can't get anywhere.

Savvy :)

3. hewee

hewee

Not sure about limewire but bear share is Spyware.

Bearshare has the [OnFlow] spyware

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

How many items do you have in your startup menu. That could be a big problem for you.

5. beach51

beach51

Hi fordboy460,limewire and bearshare are loaded with spyware.Follow Savvy lady advice and download Ad-aware5.6.Might also be agood idea to post your startup programs back here.Go to start>run>type in msinfo32,click ok.Click on the + sign next to software enviroment,click on startup programs>click edit>select all>edit>copy and paste the page back here.You can get Ad-aware here

http://www.lavasoftusa.com

6. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

My advice is go to housecalls & run the free online virus scanner.
    Click here to do so!

for a free virus scanner (if you need one ) you can add to your system... go get AVG. Click here to download AVG

and to protect yourself from hackers etc... Get Zone Alarm
    Click here the free version is fine

then there is spyware ... go get Ad-Aware
    Click here to download it

this should keep you in pretty good shape

cleanup http://www.piersontech.com/07-CleanHardDrive.htm

after you do all this reboot... then try

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice