1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Satellite A300/M00 - RAM Limit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gillzy, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gillzy

gillzy Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Satellite A300/M00 running Windows Vista Home Premium x64 with 2gb of RAM.
    I wish to upgrade to 4gb of RAM but also downgrade back to the x86 architecture.

My whole computer is fully x64 compatable including CPU and GPU but I know x86 address space stops at 4096mb with the GPU, BIOS ROMs and other PCI-e hardware use the address space before the RAM is used leaving about 3gb of RAM remaining.

Will my computer still use 4gb of the RAM I will install in my computer such as using PAE to allocate the whole lot.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Gill.

2. gillzy

gillzy Thread Starter

I have been reading the my chipsets user manual and found it supports software/hardware based DEP and PAE giving me the option to be able to address 64gb of memory on a 36bit.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

Matthew Gill.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice