1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Saturday Night VPN

Discussion in 'Networking' started by javamania, Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javamania

javamania Thread Starter

Context: I'm not a newbie but far from a pro. Small business situation.

I'm trying to set up a PPTP VPN on a pretty bare bones Windows Server 2008 R2, connect to it from Win10 machine and map a shared folder on the server as a networked drive.

I can RDP into the server, Network Policy & Access is running, user is set up with dial-in network access permission, I think the right ports are being forwarded - physical networking might be the problem (Comcast into a Netgear C3000 into a Linksys router.)

I'm basically out of googling skills, could use some solid input into what I should look at.

Server:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2420 0 @ 1.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 45 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 12
    RAM: 8029 Mb
    Graphics Card: LogMeIn Mirror Driver, 8 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 599 GB (538 GB Free); G: 797 GB (696 GB Free);
    Motherboard:
    Antivirus: None

Win10 Machine:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 16309 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 475 GB (334 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Microsoft Corporation, Surface Book
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. domorewithgreen

domorewithgreen

im happy to just walk you through it over the phone it will probably be faster . just let me know

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    domorewithgreen, please stop posting to "stale" threads and review the Rules of the forum. In particular, the one about keeping help here on the public forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice