1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Save as" issues

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by buktop2014, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buktop2014

buktop2014 Thread Starter

I am having problems with doing a "save as" in any microsoft office and pdf applications(Word, Ecell, etc.) How do I fix this?

2. Pedro15

Pedro15

What is the problem and what steps lead to the issue.

Pedro

3. buktop2014

I am working on a document and exell or ms word and I do a save as so I can save to my google drive then as soon as I choose save as my screen freezes and the operation cannot be completed.

4. Pedro15

Pedro15

I only have excel 2003 and don't have ability to "save as" to Google Drive.

I use "My google drive" to save certain documents (spreadsheets,photos, google docs) , perhaps that might be the answer,

Pedro

5. buktop2014

I have been able to perform a "save as" since I started using google drive last year. I have another laptop and am able to do save as to google drive.

6. Pedro15

Pedro15

What version of excel?

7. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Some initial things to check.
    Can you drag and drop a document or file to your Google Drive?
    Can you then Sync the Google Drive?
    Can you drag and drop from the Google Drive?
    Can you then Sync the Google Drive?
    Have you removed and re-installed the Google Drive Software?
    Have you disconnected all external drives and devices and attempted to Save As? (Do not disconnect the Network connection to the Google Drive).
    Have you attempted Save As using multiple Documents (not just the same one over and over). Especially if your Printer has any Card Reader type slots - did you disconnect your Printer when you disconnected ALL external Drives and Devices?
    Disconnect any Drive Mappings and try again.
    Select a different Printer as Default, and try again - or remove all Printers and try again?

Some explanations:
    What order you do any of the above in, is your choice. The Google Drive software may be the best starting point.
    Selecting Save As will cause the computer to look at Drive Mappings, Drive Connections, Card Reader slots, Printers, and the like. If one is Offline or has a Problem, the computer can freeze. Taking them out of the equation might show where the issue actually resides.
    Drive connections can time out. You might find that if you open your document, and before you go to Save As, you use Windows File Explorer to Open and explore individual drive connections that doing so will restore the connection, and your Save As issue disappears.
    Popping in a CD or DVD to wake it up might also help.
    It's a lot of information and checks, but letting us know the results can help find a resolution if this didn't. I am purposely not going to the Remove and Reinstall Office method yet. Just not convinced that is where the problem is.
    Good Luck.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice