1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Save Excel workbook.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by PincivMa, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PincivMa

PincivMa Thread Starter

Hi there

Sometimes I click on the X to close the workbook and I accidentally press NO when the computer prompts me to save the workbook since it usually comes up in a yellow box that does not really capture my attention. This usually happens when I'm in a hurry or late at night when I'm half asleep. Is there some code that makes a message box pop up with a message that says in big bold letters "YOU FORGOT TO SAVE YOUR FILE" when I click on the X to close the workbook? If so, this will save me a lot of headackes.

Mario

2. bringmoney

bringmoney

I am no guru, however I did find this in the hep wizard of MS Excel. Hope it is of some help to you.

Save workbooks automatically as you work
    On the Tools menu, click AutoSave.
    If the AutoSave command is not on the Tools menu, you must install the AutoSave add-in.
    How?
    Select the Automatic save every check box.
    In the Minutes box, enter how often you want Microsoft Excel to save workbooks.
    Select any other options you want.

3. PincivMa

PincivMa Thread Starter

Thanks Bringmoney

Sometimes you miss the most obvious.

Mario

4. XL Guru

XL Guru

As bringmoney points out, AutoSave exists & may help a bit.

Personally I wouldn't use it. I do a lot of stuff that takes time to build up. So if something doesn't work out & I want to go back to "the start", AutoSave would prevent me.

If I used anything at all, I'd go for AutoSaFe http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
    ; it just depends what you need.

HTH,
    Andy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/351047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice