1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'save to password list' problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cdwvc, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cdwvc

cdwvc Thread Starter

Microsoft support #135197 suggest delete or rename .pwl file.....did that.......no luck.Confused as I changed both username and .pwl to.xxx as they stated.........wondering if just different username.pwl would work but worry or wonder if then I'll have 2 different .pwl files with different names............'Autocomplete' does work though.........thanks.........

2. Hairy

Hairy

welcome to TSG , cdwvc

do tell.......

what are you trying to fix?
    what version of Windows?

3. Del

Del

A good description of the problem, what Operating System you are running and are you getting an error message would be of great assisstance.

4. cdwvc

cdwvc Thread Starter

Win98.........no error message......problem is when trying to log "enter network password" box. After username and password I check box 'save this password in your password list'. No luck.......Might add 'autocomplete' passwords do store . Computer at work where network is, the box is checked and I can click submit and enter. Thank you for for help........All the best.

5. Del

Del

If this is a home computer and not used at work, you can go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and double click Network.
    There is a smaller box that says, the primary network logon for this computer is:
    If it says, Login for Microsoft Networks, click the arrow to the right, change it to Windows login and reboot.
    If it asks for a window login when you boot up, click OK with no password in it.
    If it boots up, you won't see it again.
    If not, change the Name to one you never used before, leave the password blank and click ok.
    You won't see a login screen again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114269

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice