1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Save Video How?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by uly7, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

Here is my problem.
    I have a video from school --a meeting--that I have to burn in a DVD.
    I was able to put the video from the camera to my PC, but is 13.5 Gigs --1 hour long-- an is a .avi file. Last night I play with Windows Movie Maker, and now I have a MSWMM file too.

Question one: Can I burn a DVD with Movie Maker and this DVD will be able to fit, and play in any DVD player?

Question two: If is not possible to burn with Movie Maker, what program should I need to get or buy in order to burn the movie?

Question Three: What is the best --easier--program that you use?

Thanks a lot
    Uly7 :confused:

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

I am not sure but I dont think that moviemaker converts avi files to MPEG---and thats the form you want to burn to DVD too. What I would do is purchase something like Vegas Movie Studio DVD--for 99 bucks---Its a pretty complete NLE and also has your basic DVD burning codecs etc built in. If you really get into it, you can always upgrade to their pro product, Vegas Video and DVD Architect. I have had lots of my stuff shone on TV doing it that way.

3. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

Linskyjack

thanks for your help
    One more question please: In my video folder I got a file .MSWMM that is 452KB. If I double click on it, Media player will start with the movie. how is this possible? The original file is like 13+ Gigs --the .avi--
    can I burn this file to a DVD? And if I burn it, can it play?
    thanks
    Uly7

4. jbcalg

jbcalg

5. linskyjack

linskyjack

Thats the file already compressed to Windows Media Format.....its the compression (and loss of quite a bit of quality that does that--)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice