1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Save Windows Xp Profile?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darkrites668, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. darkrites668

darkrites668 Thread Starter

How do you save the windows xp profile? I spent all night tweaking the display settings, but if I restart, it wont save it. I finally switched my primary and secondary monitors, but saving the theme doesnt save the monitor setting. Please help.

2. medeiros

medeiros

I'm not sure exactly what your asking for but your individual profile will be saved in the following location: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name Here

I also believe that Windows XP automatically saves your settings when you shut-down, any changes that I make are always there when I boot up my computer again.

Not sure if any of above helped but I tried. :rolleyes:

Are the changes your making to your monitor being done physically (you pressing buttons on monitor) or through Windows XP?

3. darkrites668

ty medeiros, but if it does save the profile, then the profile doesnt contain the display settings. right now, I have my primary monitor switched (its #2), and I want to keeo it that way. I tried saving my theme, but it didnt work. I just want to save my monitor settings, so when the comp restarts, it wont go back to monitor #1 being my primary.

4. Raven Writer

Raven Writer

Darkrites, just so you are aware, there is a software related section of this forum that may be able to attend to your software related issue better than the people of Hardware can. I am certain everyone here will try to help you to the best of their ability, however, reguardless of where you post.

When you 'tweak' your monitor settings, what settings do you actually modify and how do you modify them?

5. darkrites668

I change the resolution to 800x600, and make it 16 colors. I also make monitor #1 640x480 (or whatever the smallest resolution is), and change it to 32 colors, which I think is what made monitor #2 the primary?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/296918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice