Save Word files in order by month

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wahfun

Hello,

I am a teacher and would like to save my lesson plans in order so I can reference them easily. I have tried numerous naming conventions but haven't been able to achieve exactly what I want. It may not even be possible. Specifically, I create weekly lesson plans and want to save them in order by week,month, year. This would make it much easier to search for a specific lesson plan. The way it is, windows saves everything in alphabetical order so files are not sequential.

I am running Word 2003 on Windows XP. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it so much.

Thx

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The file naming is going to have to start with data that you want first, i.e., week-month-year-SubjectMatter.

The week and month are going to have to be NUMBERS.

DoubleHelix

Banned
I save files by date, so give this a try.

For Week 1, August 2009: 2009-08-Week01 File Name.doc
For Week 3 September 2009: 2009-09-Week03 File Name.doc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.