1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Saved Word and Excel Documents Opening Blank - Remedy

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by markrankin, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markrankin

markrankin Thread Starter

I followed a couple of expired threads on here regarding saved documents opening up blank as if you've lost everything almost like the font has been changed to white. I recently experienced this with both Word and Excel and discovered what the problem was.

It seems to be a corrupt font (verdana in my case) and selecting everything and then changing the font fixed the problem.

2. rayfra

rayfra

Indeed, to me the same thing happened a few weeks ago. He opened a document on a computer and it worked perfectly well, yet he opened it on another PC other and not working. Eventually the problem was in a font that was not properly installed.

3. kadriguler

kadriguler

4. annice

annice

The problem could be due to excel file corruption. In such case, When you try to open the .xls or .xlsx file, your whole document will not open properly and only characters displayed on the screen. However, with the help of professional excel recovery tool. The tool is capable to repair corrupt excel file and recover the file in their original format.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice