Saveing vinyl to CD or DVD type media can I???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aceydeucy43

I have a serious problem , Among my more valued possessions are quite a few 78rpm records, as well as , a lot of 33 1/3 records from the 50"s ,and 60"s some of which are to the best of my knowledge are discontinued from any existing published stock of records . I have tried to locate duplicate copies of these discs and keep getting hit with "this item no longer in stock ", or "discontinued" I would like to copy what I have either as a CD or a DVD so that I can be sure that the music will be preserved so that my coiiection can be passed on to my kids . Is there any kind of set up that will allow me to copy what i've got ?? I can't locate any thing and beleive me I've looked.

aceydeucy43

I haven't had time to completely digest the information in your posting to my question. Thank you , now maybe I can put out a picnic under that "ol buttermilk sky"and listen to the "Winds of change" as they howl behind my " Hot rod Lincon" . If I'm very very careful. Or maybe I will enjoy something else that I haven't heard in a while

The easy and cheapest way to do it, is just get a jack to jack, and plug it into the mic port of the computer, and headphone jack of the LP. If it's an older model that doesnt have a headphone jack, splice one end of the wire into the speaker. Basically, just set the LP to play, and hit the record button on the PC with software like audacity.

The draw back to this is that it requires time to do the entire collection, but it's the easiest and cheapest to do.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I use Audacity and a cable from the amplifier or tape player to record records and tapes to the computer. Audacity also has click removal and other audio processing to clean up your recordings.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online