1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Saving Drivers ?

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by solarant1, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. solarant1

solarant1 Thread Starter

I have a IBM ThinkPad Tseries laptop, it has no operating system on it, I do not have the discs that came with the laptop.
    I want to install XP Pro on this machine but when I do it will format the drive and I will lose the drivers that are currently on it.

Is there anyway I can save the drivers before I install the operating system, so I can reinstall them after the install. The sticker on the back tells me that the machine originally had Vista Business on it.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

If it has no operateing system, it has no drivrs to save.

You can download the newest drivers from the IBM Support site. You should check the site first to be sure they offer XP drivers, before installing XP

http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Downloads

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!