Saving E-mail contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Hotmail with a twist

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jack-o-bytes

Hey everyone, My dad currently has a problem. He has hundreds of e-mails in his Outlook program but has only saved like 2% of all the e-mails to his proper contacts tab in the program. The rest he has just kept one email from them so that he can e-mail them back.

Now basically I have got to save all those email addresses from his emails and move them to his new Hotmail account. Any idea how to do this? I have no idea :/

Thanks in advance, Jack

jack-o-bytes

Im not really sure :S he has kept one email from everyone rather than saving them as contacts so when he wants to send a message he has to find their email that he has received then email them back rather than using saved contacts.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I think the only thing that can be done, is to open each one and the save the sending address to the address book or Contacts.

Is this Outlook, Outlook (part of Office) or Outlook Express?

jack-o-bytes

Not sure really it just says Microsoft Outlook. But it does sound like thats going to be the only way :/

Triple6

Rob
Doesn't Outlook cache email addresses as they are replied too?

jack-o-bytes

Well I have just look at the contacts list and there are hardly any compared to the amount of people that have sent him emails :/

Triple6

Rob
What if you open a new email and in the "To" box enter any letter, does it bring up an autocomplete list of addresses?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online