1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Saving e-mails to folder

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by doublewhammy, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doublewhammy

doublewhammy Thread Starter

I have 93 forwarded e-ms(some w/ attachments, and some not) I would like to save these to a folder in My Docs. The only way I know to do it is to save each one to a word doc, and then put in the folder. I am looking for a quicker way. If I had to, I wouldn't mind having them all on one doc. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

What application?

3. doublewhammy

outlook-is that what you mean?

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Yes - Outlook or Outlook Express.

In Outlook you can do a FIle Save to get a text version of the mail, File Save Attachment and the attachments keep their format.

Or you can save them to a personal folder within Outlook.

What are you trying to accomplish?

5. doublewhammy

my husband wrote a blog, and there were many comments, which I would like to save, along with the blog, in a folder in 'my docs', but i don't want to do it if it entails opening, copying, and pasting each one--don't have the time. ?? thanks

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Outlook messages can be saved in their original format by simply highlighting the message(s) in your Inbox or other location in Outlook and dragging them into your "My Documents" directory. This will save a copy of the message in its original raw format which has an extenstion of .msg. If you want to view the saved message at any another time simply double-click the saved .msg file and it will open in an Outlook mail window (assuming you have Outlook installed)

If you want to save all the emails in text format (.txt) or as a Word document (.doc) this can be easily done by using a Visual Basic macro. If you want to use a macro I would be happy to help you out...just let me know.

Rollin

7. doublewhammy

I tried to save them in 'archived documents' in outlook. I highlighted them all and sent them to 'archive'--but now i can't find them? this is getting worse instead of better--?? thanks

8. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

If your email messages have been archived, it is likely that Outlook has created a seperate single .PST file that holds all those emails. To be able to see them again you would have to tell Outlook to re-open the .PST file that it created. Do a search on your system for any file with the extension .PST and tell us how many of them are on your system and what they are called.

Rollin

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice