1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Saving Envelopes Word 97

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dnt, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dnt

dnt Thread Starter

How do I save just the envelopes that I address to various companies using Word 97? I could use the "add to document" option, however I did not type any saved document with Word that the envelope can be added to. I just use the application to exclusively address envelopes, not compose any letter, etc.. I could always save addressed envelopes in MS Works without including any letter document.

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

use the add to doc option
    go to the blank doc
    backspace a few times till only the envelope is left
    save

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    dnt:

Likely, you'll be better off if you begin to create yourself a data source. Follow the mail merge helper to do so. Make your main document an envelope. Once you have it all set up, all you need to do is hit the <abc> button on the mail merge toolbar, hit the record buttons to go to the address you want, and hit print.

Let me know if you don't understand. It's horribly simple, and you'll only need to have TWO files, instead of one file for each person's name/address/envelope. I could very easily load up files you can use...

4. dnt

dnt Thread Starter

Ok, if I use the data source method and now I want to find my envelope that is addressed to the "IRS" for example; how do I find it? I open Word97, it shows me a blank document...now what do I specifically do next? What and where exactly is the "abc" button and the "mail merge toolbar"? I'm lost. :confused:

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Okay. So, using the mail merge helper, you made a data source file, and added several addresses to it, one being the IRS. Now, it's another day, and you need an envelope for the IRS. You open the mail merge document you created (an envelope). This should automatically connect you to the mail merge data source file (nothing more than another Word file that contains a table with your headings in the first row, and data records in subsequent rows). Your mail merge toolbar should auto-appear. If it has not, go to View-toolbars and click it. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll just create you sample files and tell you how to use them.

6. dnt

dnt Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice