Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saving FAVOURITES to USB and Drafts on-site.

950 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  1002richards 
#1 ·
I'm running W-XP (SP 3) and would like to save my Favourites (Websites I've visited) to a USB in case something happens to my Computer or the OP system is changed.

Is this possible ?. How could it be done ?. How could the favourites be transferred back to where they're supposed to go ?.

I'd also like to save my E-Mail Drafts, but can't do this for some reason. An issue with 'Settings' perhaps ??.
I like to write Messages, store them for later adjustments and then send.

Hoping someone can help me and please be detailed.

TONY.

#2 ·
what web browser are you using ?
IE, firefox ?

what email client are you using ?

for IE you should have a favorites folder
C:\Documents and Settings\<Current User>\Favorites\
Note: <Current User> is your Windows name account.
and you may need to show hidden files
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...s/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true

for firefox
C:\Documents and Settings\<Current User>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\RANDOM
STRING.default\bookmarks.html

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILENAME\bookmarks.html

Or open up FireFox -> Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks.
Within the Manage Bookmarks window click File -> Export and choose a place to save the file.

#4 ·
the instructions for firefox should be OK

with yahoo - as this is a web based client I'm not sure the best way to save drafts, have no experience of this - hopefully others here have and can help

#5 ·
Another way to back & sync your favourites is (free) Xmarks .... what they say "Install Xmarks on each computer you use, and it seamlessly integrates with your web browser and keeps your bookmarks safely backed up and in sync.

Xmarks will sync across browsers too. Today we support Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari (Mac OS)."
Here: http://www.xmarks.com/

Hope it's of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.