Saving Files problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ibm37

HI,

I have a problem when trying to save anything on my works PC (Win 2000 on network) when hitting the save button, and when the dialogue box comes up, i.e with desktop and various drives and folders to select, their is no response what so ever, you cannot select anything at all, you have to wait about 30 seconds and then everything is fine. It kind of hangs for those 30 seconds or so.? can anbody help?

It sounds like a network problem. Do you have map drives or printers that surposed to connect to another device. If the device is not there, it will try to look for it almost everytime you start browsing the files.

Or it could be a problem with your A: drive or CD rom. If any of these devices is not functioning correctly this would hang the machine also.

- Seb

ibm37

HI,

Yep you were right, I do have a few mapped network drives on my PC, one of them was obviously taken off at some stage, so right-click to disconnect. Now doing Save as etc, is fine.

Thanking you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online