Saving files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iluvtolaff

I'm new to Windows 10. I use the Chrome browser. On the old computer, I could save html files and it would show in documents as a Chrome file. On the new computer, they're saved as an Edge file. I don't want to have to use Edge browser to open it, I want it to open in Chrome. Help?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you set Chrome to be your "Default" browser?

iluvtolaff

Unfortunately no. Hubs shares the computer with me, and prefers Firefox.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Then why is it opening using Edge instead of Firefox?

Set up your own Windows user account and you can have your default and he can have his.

iluvtolaff

That's what we used to do but trying to just have the one main acct. If I make it the default browser, would it affect hubs while using FF? He's not as avid user as I am,

iluvtolaff

Didn't see the first line of your post -- hubs doesn't make FF the default.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If FF is NOT set as the default, then what is the problem with it being Chrome?

iluvtolaff

I just set FF as the default. Hubs downloads more html files than I do. Thank you for your help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online