1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Saving Firefox extensions

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Johnny b, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Johnny b

Johnny b Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    Before FF 57, extensions could be downloaded and saved, with out installing.

But I don't see a way to do that now.
    Is there a way?

I'm setting up a Win 10 computer and if possible, install extensions before I bring it online.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    You can go through part of the process as if you were going to install it on Firefox. When you get to the part with the "+ Add to Firefox" button, right-click on the button and choose "Save link as ...". Then save it as you would any other download.

Also, download the Firefox installer.

You will need to install Firefox on the new computer before installing any extensions. The downloaded extension should have a .api extension. To install it, launch Firefox and drag the file to the page display area of Firefox.

3. Johnny b

Johnny b Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    Thanks. It turned out to be not straight forward.

With No Script enabled on the computer I'm using to download the No Script extension, I kept getting a redirect to uninstall it.

So. I uninstalled it and as you posted, the add link appeared and I was able to
    right click and save the extension.

:rolleyes:

I didn't have that issue with FF 56 and earlier LOL!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice