1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Saving image with transparent background.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by mark.waycott, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mark.waycott

mark.waycott Thread Starter

This is probably a simple one but I have seemed to have tried everything without much luck. I am using Photoshop Elements to cut around images but when I go to use them on other applications there is always a white background. What do I save the image as, so there is basically a transparent background?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you may find that the other applications are adding the background
    But anyway - from elements save as a gif

3. lister

lister

Can you 'save as' PNG in Elements? PNGs uses lossless compression and can have an alpha channel (variable transparency), unlike GIFs.

4. mark.waycott

mark.waycott Thread Starter

I am trying to use an image within a program called greeting card factory 2, by saving as a GIF or PNG does not work although as mentioned, it may be the greeting card factory 2 which is adding the background.

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have just created an image as a gif - the transparent bit should be the same colour as this background the rest is black
    You may be able to save this image on your PC and see what happens

so its a square with a small black outline - then a black square in the middle with the centre cut out - if thats makes any sense

Attached Files:

6. sunnidaze2k

sunnidaze2k

I use PSP7...pull my pic in as a gif...then Save As...Options...Click on the Optimizer...designate the color to be transparent and Save. Hope this answers your question.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice