Saving live video streams to your hard drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kramnnim

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to save live video streams to your hard drive. The broadcasts are in both .rm and .asf format.

If this would be illegal, please let me know and I'll not ask anymore...I'm under the impression that it would be legal if the recordings would be only for personal use. (So said the broadcasters site, I assume they were meaning a VCR recording.)

Thanks!

next time you run a streaming.asf - when it finishes, go search your temp internet files for it. (Do a FIND for *.asf refined for just those created in the last day to narrow the field)

Quite often, though you aren't allowed to save some mpegs or jpegs or asfs - they still put the file in your temps so that it will run and you can go the round about way to save it. I have done it before. But I have also tried some streaming data from news providers and not found it.

But, hey, it's worth the try!
:cool:

kramnnim

I've had success saving streaming .asf files, but not from a "live" stream. I just found a program that will save live streaming .rm videos, though. Seems to work well enough.

kramnnim

hi
i've also faced the same problem
can u tell me the name of the software u are using

kramnnim

Search Google for "Real7ime convertor", "Streambox VCR", and "ASFRecorder"

kramnnim

I've used Streambox VCR alot for various .rm files, but I wasn't able to catch live video streams. Real7ime converter worked for the live streams.

Hey folks,

I'm trying to test a rtsp site....(live video stream)....

rtsp://helix.canufly.net/encoder/live.rm

...I can open it up with real player, I can even download with Real7ime Converter....but VCR times out....so does Net Transport....

Real7ime starts capturing, but if u do it for a long time (like 45 minutes or something), when u hit stop the program crashes.

VCR (patched well) is not liking it either...times out...

NetTransport Times out as well...

Any Ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online