1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Saving Mapped Network Drive and Printer settings

Discussion in 'Networking' started by brougham, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brougham

brougham Thread Starter

Hello,

Here is what I am trying to do. I would like to save / backup the mapped drive settings for specific users, as well as mapped printers. I currently have a backup script that grabs the user(s) profile and other necessary files. This is done when logged into the local admin account. Ideally I'd like to just make it a part of this script, but If I have to be logged in as the user to grab these settings automatically it would suffice.

The second half is that I would like to restore them as well through a bat or script file, so everything is done without as much human error as possible.

I am not sure where to grab all these settings from, if anyone has help or suggestions out there it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    B

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752378

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice