saving pictures

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nanahow

Up until tonight I was able to right click and sava a picture to a folder now it appears that it is not recognizing file extensioons. :(

There are a lot of 'could be's here. First tell us what op-system and browser you are using, and what happens when you right-click on a picture. If "not recognizing file extensions" means everything is getting saved as bitmap, you may have an overloaded temporary internet file folder. If you are using IE, click TOOLS, Internet options, and use the buttons on the General tab to delete cookies and files. Otherwise, post back with more information.

nanahow

Ok I did what you did and deleted temp. also I have windows xp , I
E 6 . I saved pics from my son in law this aft. now I am trying to save some pics from Dot Photo I rt click on pic a folder appears I put the dogs ID number in the folder click save and I get no pic when I open my viewer ther is the number but a box and when I try to open it says no application associated with

nanahow

I get what looks like a piece of paper folded in upper rt corner and a windows icon in the middle no file extension associated

try this. when you right click an save, an when the box opens up to were you want to save it to. change the file name an the file type. before you click save. that might help. an plus i have found that some web sites wont let you right click an save.

I saved pics from my son in law this aft. Did that work right? Is it only the Dot Photo that causes the problem?

The name and filetype ought to appear in the save box when you click "save photo as".

see the attachment..............

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online