1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Saving Programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kruse10, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kruse10

kruse10 Thread Starter

Is there a way of saving programs downloaded from the internet to a cdrw
    disc without backing them up?

2. Tact

Tact

there should be. it will depend on the program as well but there shoudln't be anything keeping you from doing that at all. are you haveing problems or were you just asking?

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I doubt it will work, if you mean saving direct to the CD-RW.

The CD-R or CD-RW burning requires a steady data stream. Downloading over the internet provides a (very) lumpy and slower data stream. You need to cache the file on the HDD, and having done so you have backed it up to the HDD anyway.

You can of course remove the file (delete) as soon as the burn has taken place.

4. Tact

Tact

oh is that what he was asking? my bad. i thought he meant to burn after he d/led it. as if to burn something that was already saved.

if you want to d/l directory to cd-rw, it might work if you burn at the lowest possible speed and you have buffer underun protection. nero automatically provides that as far as i know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!