1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Saving to Floppy Disc

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rickyjoe, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rickyjoe

rickyjoe Thread Starter

How do you transfer Word documents from the hard drive to a floppy disc? Can somebody offer a step by step. I'm having problems. I'm using windows 98 SE.

2. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Save the word documents to a folder , rt.click the folder and scroll to option " send to floppy " . You will get an insert disc prompt .....put a floppy in and your off.

What type of problem are you having ?

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Insert a blank, formatted floppy disk, click on and highlight the file, then click File - Send To - Floppy.
    (Note: If you want to transfer more than one file from the same folder at the same time, hold down the CTRL key while you click on and highlight each file)

After you finish, double-click My Computer, then double-click the floppy drive icon. A window should open and show the file(s) in there that you transferred.

Remove the floppy disk, then move the write-protection tab so that both square holes are showing.

4. rickyjoe

rickyjoe Thread Starter

Thanks everybody. It seems that the problem is that I am not formatting my floppy. Can somebody tell me how to fomat a flopy disc?

5. Alfie_UK

Alfie_UK

Hi Rickyjoe,
    Take a look Here it explains how to format Floppy.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If the floppy disk is new, it should already be formatted. The box usually indicates whether they're pre-formatted or not.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice