1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Say I want to replace mobo, what do I need to know, look for in new one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bobbyd33, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbyd33

bobbyd33 Thread Starter

So my work pc is just driving me insane, now the thing locks up when trying to install a pCI wireless card, and bios updates seem to not help.

Was thinking of simply getting a new Mobo, but dont really know much about them, do they come with the processor, or do u buy that seperate and install it on, or use the one in old pc? and when looking for a mobo, what system info has to match up? or can I basically get any Mobo, and then the HD and cd-drives just get reinstalled. I just did a Clean reinstall of windows xp, and would have no trouble doing it over if I had to as all info is on CD-r's

2. rockinmale

rockinmale

My first question would be have you had anyone on tsg help you with your wireless problem? This should be an issue we should be able to help you get it working.

Before i can help you any further. What can you tell me about your computer. Some system specs would greatly help. This will ensure that were both on the same page. If you can list your cpu, motherboard, pci/agp cards.

That would be great!

As for buying a new motherboard. Let's see if we can get this working and save you some cash till your next upgrade. :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/376581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice