1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Says plugged in and charging, but is not charging. Just got motherboard fixed.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Looler, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Looler

Looler Thread Starter

Hey,

I just got my computer back from having the motherboard switched out because of another problem, but now my battery will not charge. The light is on and it says it is charging, but it isn't. Should I attempt a gauge reset or something else?

It is a Lenovo y50, which I have had for 3 months. The battery needs to be unscrewed from the back.
    Thanks!

2. texasbullet

texasbullet Ramon

If it is not charging maybe the battery is defective.
    Did they gave you back the original charger?
    Did they install another different motherboard which might use a different charger?
    You may need to contact the person who repaired it to find out.

3. Looler

Looler Thread Starter

I never thought about the charger. Do different motherboards need different chargers?

P.S. Found that i charges, just up to 47%

4. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

If you have Lenovo power manager installed, check that the settings are set to fully charge vs a set parameter.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145856