1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sb live platinum 5.1 and zoltrix tv genie (msgsrv32 devcon32.dll)

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by agamemnon, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. agamemnon

agamemnon Thread Starter

i recently aquired a zoltrix tv genie and installed it it caused many windows startup errors

it aparently disagrees with my sb live 5.1 platinum

at boot up with both installed i got the error msgsrv32

stating that it had caused a problem in devcon32.dll

i have tried formating and reinstalling windows and as of yet the only solution has been to remove the devcon32.dll from my windows system directory and this renders my livedrive useless as windows then can't detect it

what i need is to get both cards working the way they should i use this computer for video editing and the combination of the livedrive and a video capture card isn't really optional i need both installed at the same time and working under windows 98se or win2k pro which as of yet i have been unable to achieve

2. par3dud

par3dud

I've not used either of these cards in particular myself, but have you tried placing the cards in different slots?

If so you might try running msinfo32 and checking to see if you have any IRQ conflicts. If there is a conflict, check to see if you have any free IRQs and if you do, switch one of the cards to that free IRQ.

good luck

3. agamemnon

agamemnon Thread Starter

i tried it and i'm sorry to say it didn't work so I'm not sure what it's a problem with windows and the software for each but where in that software or drivers i have no idea

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Devcon32.dll is a driver for the Creative SoundBlaster Live! Sound Card. You must disable the card, and then re-install the Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! software.

Start your computer in safe mode.
    Click on Start|Settings|Control Panel|System
    Select the Device Manager tab.
    Double-click on Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    Double-click on Creative SB Live!...
    In the General tab, check the Disable box and Uncheck the 'Exists' box.
    Click OK to save changes.
    Restart the machine.
    Windows should restart normally. Now you can reinstall SB Live! from the CD-Rom. If you get in trouble, call Creative tech support (405.742.6622)

5. agamemnon

agamemnon Thread Starter

i tried it and it didn't work i tried it again arfter reading the post still no results and creative tech ssupport has no idea what to do

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice