SBC Yahoo Online Protection Caused Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fedup96

I have SBC Yahoo DSL on my computer. There were also two anti-spyware programs installed...McAfee and Microsoft Beta Anti-Spyware. I recently upgraded to SBC Yahoo Online Protection. Now the computer locks up when the task bar is loading during startup. I am currently working in Safe Mode. I have uninstalled all of the programs mentioned above, however my computer still locks up while the task bar is loading. Is there any way that I can fix this without completely reformatting the hard drive?

Did you make sure that you removed all the yahoo sbc dsl applications? I had the same problem and had uninstall yahoo messenger too, missed it on my first shot. My computer came back up with all the system tray icons gone. no biggie but its screwed up my netgear adapter cconfiguration utility.

fedup96

Thanks for the advice. I am finally able to uninstall all Yahoo applications from my computer (they make it pretty difficult). It is still locking up. Is there anything else that I can check?

Try to uninstall your existing anti-virus software. The SBC DSL online protection program had deleted some of anti-virus files on my system. This could be causing the lock up too. If you cannot un-install, re-install the anti-virus software and un-install, before trying to boot the computer up in normal mode. I am assuming that you can boot up your machine in safe mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online