1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SBS 2003 Calendar rights

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Zack Barresse, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse Thread Starter

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, searched but couldn't find anything. I have a small domain running Windows SBS 2003 and I'm trying to better utilize it's tools and resources, namely the calendar on the intranet website (default companyweb). Our machines are all running Windows XP and Office 2007. I want the calendar linked to my users Outlook. I have the users setup in there and their rights associated (contributers vs. administrators, etc), but everyone appears to have administrative rights. I'm an Excel guy, who's been thrown into this server realm without much help. I'm sure this sounds dumb, but where do I start looking to address this? I don't want everyone having administrative rights. Let me know what information you need. Thanks for taking the time. :)

2. Zack Barresse

Bump.....

3. aasimenator

aasimenator

4. Zack Barresse

I may not have been very clear. I know how to share the calendar based on the server. I have this done. The problem is everyone has administrative rights and not those I lined out for them. I don't want this. How can I restrict the users?

5. aasimenator

aasimenator

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice