scam email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gorper99

Hope I am on the correct forum.I have a lawn tractor for sale and I just received one of those emails that have been on the news lately.Buyer will send me a check for $3000.00 (I am asking $100.00 for it) etc,etc. Anyone know of a web site or contact I should send this to?

Just better off ignoring & blocking address !

Could also try 'Mailwasher'

Contact your local law enforcement to see if they are interested.
This just happened to a guy in my city, He was leary so he waited over a week or so until the check cleared thru his bank, sent the excess monies back to Nigeria and a few days later the bank calls and tells him it is a fake check and that this scam had been going around and by the way you need to pay this money back to the bank in the amount of 50,000. This is just the short version of the story but the guy did his homework and now has had to get a lawyer to fight the bank.

I too have been hit by these scams, 419 scams I think they are called.When I researched it a little more I found that the CIA is very interested in these.I sent them a copy of the e-mail without responding to it so hopefully they nailed these guys.Never heard anything back or received anymore scam e-mails though!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online