1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scam email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by gorper99, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gorper99

gorper99 Thread Starter

Hope I am on the correct forum.I have a lawn tractor for sale and I just received one of those emails that have been on the news lately.Buyer will send me a check for $3000.00 (I am asking $100.00 for it) etc,etc. Anyone know of a web site or contact I should send this to?

2. joe2cool

joe2cool

Just better off ignoring & blocking address !

Could also try 'Mailwasher'

3. Steppinstone

Steppinstone

Contact your local law enforcement to see if they are interested.
    This just happened to a guy in my city, He was leary so he waited over a week or so until the check cleared thru his bank, sent the excess monies back to Nigeria and a few days later the bank calls and tells him it is a fake check and that this scam had been going around and by the way you need to pay this money back to the bank in the amount of 50,000. This is just the short version of the story but the guy did his homework and now has had to get a lawyer to fight the bank.

4. astrodaddy

astrodaddy

I too have been hit by these scams, 419 scams I think they are called.When I researched it a little more I found that the CIA is very interested in these.I sent them a copy of the e-mail without responding to it so hopefully they nailed these guys.Never heard anything back or received anymore scam e-mails though!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice