Scan a web page in real time?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dizz

Does anyone know of an online service that will allow a user to type in a URL (for example, somedomain.com/harleybike.html), then the service will scan that specific page in realtime to see if it has any malicious code (trojans, etc)?

Something like this would be very useful for someone who is still using an older computer that may not have the very most up-to-date definitions, and yet wanted to view a page that was thought to be possibly suspicious.

Thanks for any feedback...

:confused:

SiteAdvisor from McAffee does something like that. I don' t think it does on demand scans, but it may be of some help. Also, Netcraft has a toolbar that helps against phishing attacks.

Hope this helps.

Dizz

Thanks newbiesecurity -- that at least is a start, though as you say, it does not appear to be an "on-demand" check for malicious code. Prior to adding my post on this board I spent well over an hour with google & yahoo trying to find such a service, using queries such as "scan online web page virus trojan" (and numerous variations of that query). I came up empty handed each time, which came as a real surprise, as it seems like an obviously useful feature for the WWW (however there are a number of places that offer to scan individual files on your harddrive).

If anyone else knows of a place where a person can get a webpage checked for malicious code via the browser in real time, please do let us know....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online