Scan disk problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

twotymer05

When i try to run scandisk it restarts and it prompts me and says scan disk has restarted 10 times because the c drive is being written to or it just like freezes at the screen and doesnt do scan disk. and it does the same for defragmenting the c drive and it never works either????please help?:confused: :confused:

You have applications running in the background. Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and End Task on all but explorer and try it again. Or just boot into Safe Mode and run it from there. (Reboot and hit F8 just after your drives are detected to choose Safe Mode from Startup list.)

You have something running in the background... easiest way to eliminate this is to click on Alt-Ctrl-Del....take out things you don't need one at a time... all you need to leave is Explorer & systray. Then also see if you have a screen saver set to come on.Disable it if you do.

Savvy :)

I WON! :D Just kidding!
Seems that someone usually beats ME to the punch!

twotymer05 messaged me to say it still didn't work with everything but Explorer closed so will let us know if it works in Safe Mode.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online