1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Scan Disk Windows 98

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zholt, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zholt

zholt Thread Starter

Scan disk won't work in thorough mode.I keep getting this message.Scan disk has restarted 10 times because windows or another program has been writing to this drive.Quitting some running program may enable scan disk to finish sooner.
    It runs OK when I run it in scan disk standard.
    The only thing I have running in the background is,
    Iclean,
    CME Sys,
    TKBellExe,
    Wal-Mart connect tray icon,
    and Date Manager.Please tell me what more I can do to get scan disk to run in thorough mode?

2. zholt

zholt Thread Starter

3. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

whats with the walmart?
    End it, and try the scan again.
    TKBellExe end it also.

Cme Sys is likely spyware and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of cmesys.exe may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, such as slow performance, loss of data or leaking private information.
    The Spy Bot database currently registers cmesys.exe to Gator Advertising Information Network

End them all. Then try again

4. Arcadion

Arcadion

Firstly, you need to run scandisk in safe mode. Hit F8 just before Windows starts loading and pick safe mode from the menu that appears. Also, CME and Date Manager are spyware/malware programs, you should remove them, and TKBellExe is a frequent source of crashes and slowdowns in Windows, I would remove RealOne player (if it's installed) if I were you.

5. zholt

zholt Thread Starter

:) Thanks a lot for the help.Scan disk is working now.wal-mart is my internet service provider.thanks for the tip on the spyware,I found some and remove them.I'm not sure if I found them all.I went to the C drive and went into the program folder and that's where found the gator files.A little more space was added to my hard drive.I didn't see any spyware in the add and remove program.

6. Arcadion

Arcadion

For removing spyware I suggest Ad-Aware, you can download it for free from www.lavasoft.de If you need help using this try the Windows forums on here.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice