1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scan or print, but not both

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by afallach, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afallach

afallach Thread Starter

The default printer for my laptop is on my network, and has been working fine until I installed the driver for my new HP G4050 scanner. The scanner works okay, and will print to local printers, but I can no longer find the printer that's attached to my desktop computer. I did a system restore to regain the ability to print, then tried reinstalling the driver with the same results, so I've rolled the system back again.

I get various error messages, mostly to do with spooling being turned off on the server, but I think they're bogus, since toggling spooling on either computer doesn't affect anything, and have no reason to think anything's wrong on the desktop, since the system restore on the laptop was what got me connected again to my printer.

This isn't a lot to go on, but before returning the scanner to Staple's, I thought I'd see if anyone has thoughts on it.

thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice