Scan to Email on HP CM2320 Printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bdogle

Hello All,

We have recently purchased a HP CM2320. It has the capability of automatically emailing a scanned document.

We use Gmail as our email provider.

I have attached an image of the available settings on the printer.

When I try to scan and email a document it says "An error occurred while sending the email, try sending again" or "Could not connect to the SMTP server".

Has anyone had an experience with this printer? Any thoughts any ideas?

Attachments

I do not believe you can do that directly from the scanner unless there is an account on Gmail that can be authenticated. That would be amount to an open relay on Gmail......probably not gonna happen. If it works let me know

Bdogle

I have attempted port 587, still get the "An error occurred while sending the email, try sending again".

There are no security settings.

You need a local SMTP server like an Exchange server or IIS set up with an SMTP server. It will not work otherwise.

Bdogle

Rockn, i have this set up. You just assisted me in configuring this properly for my phone system.

DoubleHelix

Banned
You need to enter your Exchange server information, not Gmail's server information. You would create an Exchange account for the scanner to send e-mails from.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online