1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scandisk error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by coffee, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coffee

coffee Thread Starter

I was looking at a web page on my email when my computer froze up. No matter what I tried it wouln't budge. Finally I had to shut down and restart.
    when my computer scanned for errors it stopped and displayed a message that errors were found on the c drive and to go to my scandisk to correct the problem. I did on my pc5195(c:) and the scandisk checked it and this message appeared: Scandisk found errors on this drive but could not fix them all. How do I repair these errors? Is This what might of caused my computer to freese up? I have a list of all the errors.There is 8 of them. Can you help ? !!!!!!!
    Thank you.
    A wreak on the computer !!!!!!

2. Cinders

Cinders

Hi coffee,

It would be helpful if you could post a list of the errors.

Cinders

3. coffee

coffee Thread Starter

Here is the list of errors that appeared on my screen:

20,015,184 KB total disk space 0 bytes in bad sectors
    61,833,216 bytes in 3,553 folders
    49,496,064 bytes in hidden files
    8,634,176 KB in 80,608 user files
    11,272,288 KB available on disk
    16,384 bytes in each allocation unit
    1,250,949 total allocation on disk
    704,518 available allocation units
    After sending the initial email I also came across another scan disk error that I have NO CLUE how to fix. It reads: Scan disk
    pc1595 ( c:) was unable to correct this error because there is already a file or folder named:transactionID=55278567&apg=toc-hg-symp&adsize=120x240&pos=left&site=webmd&brand=mywebmd&ovr=toc-hg-symp&to=4117&network=consumer&uri=%2Fcontent%2Fhealthwise%2F110%2F27450%2Ehtm(1).htm' in the top level folder level of this drive.To repair this error,quit scan disk by checking cancel,remove the file in the top level folder, and then restart scan disk. I am a pc dummy ' so I am totally lost when it comes to these sort of problems. I would appreciate any help or advise on this problem. Coffee !!!!!!

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Run Scandisk from Windows again, but this time (and everytime) ensure that automatically fix is UNselected.
    Also ensure that Append to Log is selected (advanced button).

Everytime Scandisk finds an error, just select Ignore and keep on going to the end.

When it is done, use NotePad to open the file C:\Scandisk.log.

Then Select the output from your last run, and then Copy.

Then Select Post Reply to this thread, and do a Paste with the log.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice