1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scandisk/system restore help

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by private, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. private

private Thread Starter

I have a Dell computer running Windows ME. Whenever I try to run scandisk, I get a message that other programs are running (eventhough I have closed everything). I have also tried running scandisk in safe mode, but I get the same error message. I also cannot run system restore. Whatever date I pick, I get the same message that system restore was unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try booting from a Windows ME Boot Disk and running the MS-DOS version of scandisk.

Make the floppy, boot from it, and run "scandisk C:" at the A: prompt.

3. Deodar

Deodar

System Restore needs a minimum of 25 Mgb of drive space to function?

4. private

private Thread Starter

Thank you. I can run scandisk using this method, but I stil can't run system restore.

5. private

private Thread Starter

I've got a lot more than that available.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice