1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

scaning programs 4 known virus patterns b4 you open them

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Duckman69, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

im looking to find a program to scan files before i open them, i had trend micro running & registryprot running today when i opened a file i should have known better then to open... but it was too tempting... and i got blue screen of death and i couldnt get back into windows, i just decided back up what i needed from the drive & format and spare the pain of playing with the drive anymore in its condition...

Trend micro went haywire right before the blue screen & i didnt see registryprot come up with anything but it was about 15 seconds after i executed the file that i got bluescreen so i dont know what really happend, but it would be cool to have a program that would scan a file for known virus patterns & or for known names or something simmilar, im wondering if any1 has heard or uses something like this... thanks alot...

2. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

sorry i posted this topic 2 times sorry sorry sorry!!

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!