scaning programs 4 known virus patterns b4 you open them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Duckman69

im looking to find a program to scan files before i open them, i had trend micro running & registryprot running today when i opened a file i should have known better then to open... but it was too tempting... and i got blue screen of death and i couldnt get back into windows, i just decided back up what i needed from the drive & format and spare the pain of playing with the drive anymore in its condition...

Trend micro went haywire right before the blue screen & i didnt see registryprot come up with anything but it was about 15 seconds after i executed the file that i got bluescreen so i dont know what really happend, but it would be cool to have a program that would scan a file for known virus patterns & or for known names or something simmilar, im wondering if any1 has heard or uses something like this... thanks alot...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online